Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Saturday, August 20, 2005

sorry seems to be the hardest word?

many people always say sorry seems to be the hardest word to utter from the mouth. i beg to differ. in fact sorry seems to be the easiest word to me. im not sure why either. however there are some people (important ones) who had ever told me that saying too many sorrys makes it lose its meaning. does it? im not sure too.

growing up in a predominantly female family has brought me up to view things differently i guess. i tend to view things from both points of view, myself as a guy, as well as from a girl's point of view. yeah and this sort of shaped my character to be more sensititve to things said and done, and also the feelings of others and myself.

i chose to say sorry for things that went wrong, if i had some responsibility for it happening rather than denying it. meaning, big or small issues i would tend to be very apologetic about it. this translates into many sorrys being uttered from my mouth. as i said earlier, there are people who commented that it sounds superficial after saying it so many times. but i just want to tell them, whenever i say sorry, i really mean it.

in my opinion, sorry is definitely not the hardest word. at least not to me. it applies to those who still want to hold on to whatever pride they have. to me, pride does not have as much a place in my priorities compared to friendship, love, and values which cannot be replaced by anything else. i feel that it is important to just cast aside pride and take on humility as a long term friend. doing so has helped me avoided many unnecessary conflicts and keep everything i hold dear (although there are times when i just lose it and argue back).

well...just a thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home